Your Weekly Testing News — Issue 409
This newsletter is kindly supported by Parasoft
Looking for the best continuous automation testing solution?
Forrester recently named the top continuous automation testing platform providers based on a 26-criteria evaluation. Parasoft was ranked the strategic leader. Its open, AI-powered solution integrates software testing across the SDLC, enabling DevOps teams to be more productive.
What examples of risk support your testing?
Raj asked a similar question and I wondered, is it possible to share an example of risk in isolation? I can think of countless risks I’ve tested throughout my career yet to share them would require sharing the context for each risk. It reminded me that there’s always a good opportunity for the testing community to share testing stories — and for those stories to describe both the context and the example. In case you’d like to dig into the topic of risk, there’s a great selection of risk-related resources on the Ministry of Testing platform.
Last week I was grateful to have conversations with Deborah Sherwood and Shaheen Sultana. We discussed what the testing community typically talks about and how such knowledge can support efforts to improve testing skills. Book a time to chat if you’d like to explore this together.
Do you know the one web browser tab to rule them all? Ioan Solderea shares his joy for the Network tab in Developer Tools and why he thinks it’s the best tab to use. How about you, is it the Network tab or something else?
And some very exciting news coming soon from MoT HQ. The TestBash lineups are on their way! Thanks once again to those who reviewed the abstracts. I’ve had the privilege of being part of the review team and it’s been a pleasure to help finalise the lineups for TestBash Spring and TestBash UK. The talks/workshops will be of such high calibre. It felt good to advocate for new voices and people who are underrepresented in the testing community.
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
Can you help?
- Julien would like to know how software testing affects code quality
- What is your most valuable skill as a tester?
- How can you help developers action pull requests? asks Juliet
- Emna wonders what activities could ChatGPT help you with your testing
- How do you find out where your new team’s understanding is of testing and quality? A great question from Ben
- Melissa would like your advice on testing a data migration.
Helpful business posts
- Common challenges in Digital Experience Testing and How to Overcome Them — Navya
- The Importance of Digital Transformation Quality: Achieving Business Goals and Satisfying Customers — Anusha K
- The DevOps Impact of Empowering Software Testers — Bridget Hughes
- A Complete Guide To Selenium Page Load Strategy — Vipul Gupta
- Code coverage as a target — Mikhail Lankin
- 11 Best Cross Browser Testing Tools For 2023 — Divyasshree N
- Breaking Down Silos: How to Build a Quality Mindset — Bridget Hughes
- Quality pipelines with Allure TestOps — Ruslan Akhmetzianov
- Update your software testing strategies in 2023 — Ana Sousa
- Wed 08 Feb The Hidden Logic of Thinking for Testers
- Wed 22 Feb — Fri 24 Feb Automation in Testing — Chicago
- Thu 23 Mar TestBash Spring 2023
- Wed 20 Sep — Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
Calls for Contributions
- Call for Contribution — Masterclasses
- Call for Contribution — Join us on our TestSphere podcast
- Call for Contribution — 99 Minute Workshops
- Call for Content — Write for us
- Have You Contributed to the Community?
Stay up-to-date with the community via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline, read an article or watch a talk. Discover what the testing community is sharing via the community blog feed.