Writing about your experiences can make you a better tester.
I’ve seen folks in the community land jobs and speak at conferences and level up their skills because they wrote about their ideas and experiences. It sparks reflection, conversation and learning.
✍️ If you’ve published a testing-related blog post this month or need inspiration from those who write, head over to the latest Share Your Blog Post. There are already excellent entries from Steven, Jesper, Emna and Mike.
We’ve noticed more people are hanging out on The Club to discuss important testing topics. As a forum geek, this brings me joy. Recent changes to the design aim to improve your experience. Real-time chat channels are coming soon to allow conversations to shift between faster-paced chat and slower-paced discussions. Each will feed the other! 😀
Talking of topics. Do you have practical experience with a particular testing topic? Do you have the desire to share with the testing community? Find out what topics the community are interested in right now and become a Masterclass Specialist. I’m excited that monthly Masterclasses are back in 2023 — the aim is to start again in March. In the meantime, visit the Masterclass archive.
🎥 Richard Bradshaw had a good chat with Aaron Stearns who shared how you can parameterise your dataset to create and run a cross-platform test on mobile and desktop web.
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
Can you help?
- Richard asks, how do you view testability and context?
- Meloncat would like you to share your triage process.
- What difficulties do you face when hiring QA professionals? Riz could do with some advice.
- What do you think of this alternative holistic testing diagram?
- Can we talk about quality “engineering”? asks Caleb.
And if you need help, I encourage you to ask a question.
Helpful business posts
- Testing 2.0 — Ruslan Akhmetzianov
- How To Test NodeJS Modules With Mocha [Mocha NodeJS Tutorial] — Kayode Oluwasegun
- How To Use Waits In Selenium Ruby — Roselyne Makena
- Best 15 CSS Trends To Watch For 2023 — Mehul Gadhiya
- Allure Report in 2022: 21.5 million users and 0.5 billion sessions! — Mikhail Lankin
- Making the Switch to Agile Testing — David Tzemach
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Testers — David Tzemach
- Selenium 4 WebDriver Hierarchy: A Detailed Explanation — Faisal Khatri
- Introduction to Shift Left Testing — Anshita Bhasin
- A Complete Guide to Document Object Model — Alex Anie
- Key Testing Insights 2022 Report — LambdaTest
- Experience: Delivering on Quality Engineering — Bridget Hughes
- Jira for Test Management: Options, Challenges, and Solutions — Hannah Son
- Wed 25 Jan Exploring Example Mapping For User And Non-user Stories
- Wed 08 Feb The Hidden Logic of Thinking for Testers
- Wed 22 Feb — Fri 24 Feb Automation in Testing — Chicago
- Thu 23 Mar TestBash Spring 2023
- Wed 20 Sep — Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
Calls for Contributions
- Call for Contribution — Masterclasses 🆕
- Call for Contribution — Join us on our TestSphere podcast 🆕
- Call for Contribution — 99 Minute Workshops
- Call for Content — Write for us
- Have You Contributed to the Community? Share your story and inspire fellow testing professionals.