This newsletter is kindly supported by Testmo
UPDATED: Testmo — #1 Unified Test Management Tool
Testmo is the #1 unified modern test management tool. Now even better
with rich & customizable PDF exports, new automation linking, improved
Jira add-on, better issue reports & much more. Boost your testing
productivity in 2023 and try Testmo free!
What does the testing community typically talk about?
A lot of things! And why does that matter? Knowledge of things the community talks about can help you explore your own ideas and discover new tools and techniques. It sparks conversations with fellow community members who might be able to help you. And you may also discover a way to help somebody too.
I’ve attempted to capture themes in a mind map — what tester doesn’t love a good mind map? And I need your help. Can you help review it? Book a time to chat on a call. I’ll use the outcome to help us structure updates to The Club (our forum) and it’ll inform future events, and questions to spark conversations and activities. Plus I’m hopeful it’ll be interesting to share with the entire testing community to help you consider the conversations you could get involved with.
🤝 We recently announced Ministry of Testing’s Annual Partners for 2023. Áine had this to share: “We’re hoping that by working with these trusted partners throughout 2023, we’ll give both you and them plenty of chances to connect in a safe and meaningful way.” Expect plenty of new blog posts in the “Useful business posts” section below.
Finally, thanks again to everyone who has reviewed an abstract for the TestBashes. The numbers are outstanding. At the time of writing, there have been 1,869 reviews. We asked why people do it and it seems most people want to offer their feedback to shape an excellent conference lineup and help a fellow tester. Amazing! There’s still time to get involved. Grab five minutes and review an abstract. 👀
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by enov8
DevSecOps your Test Data & Privacy Risks!
Enov8 Test Data Manager *aka “Data Compliance Suite”. The Data Securitization and Test Data Management platform. A Holistic Test Data Management Solution! Including Data & Risk Profiling, Masking, Compliance Validation, Fake Data Creation, Test Data Mining, Test Data Booking and Value Stream Insights.
Can you help?
- How do you manage dual roles? What does your dual role look like?
- Sebastian would like to know, how do you use a version control system repository for investigations.
- How do you deal with difficult team members when introducing QA to teams? Lots of helpful thoughts on this topic, can you add yours?
- Adeniyi asks what are the best test cases writing and management platforms.
- Ben is curious to hear how you create a healthy mix of investigative and scripted tests.
- What do you want to learn about testing in 2023? Inspire the testing community with your ambitions.
Useful business posts
- Complete TestOps Guide — Ruslan Akhmetzianov
- Exploratory Testing in Agile — Sérgio Freire
- Best 15 Test Automation Trends For 2023 — Mythili Raju
- Why Developers Need Continuous Testing — Bridget Hughes
- Tue 17 Jan Abstract Review Power Hour 📑👀
- Wed 18 Jan The Hidden Logic of Thinking for Testers
- Wed 25 Jan Exploring Example Mapping For User And Non-user Stories
- Wed 01 Feb Recognising and Eliminating Code Smells 101
- Wed 22 Feb — Fri 24 Feb Automation in Testing — Chicago
- Thu 23 Mar TestBash Spring 2023
Calls for Contributions
- Call for Contribution — 99 Minute Workshops
- Call for Content — Write for us
- Share a contribution video to inspire the community