This newsletter is kindly supported by Xray
Stuck in siloed testing? — Join an Xray Weekly Demo
Learn how Xray natively embeds the test management process into the development lifecycle. Join us on Nov 14 or 16 to see a full Product Walkthrough of Xray. With test management woven into every stage of development, quality now comes naturally.
This is issue number 400 of this newsletter. What a milestone! And a privilege to have contributed to a good number of those issues. Thanks for reading.
What career milestone are you most proud of? Coming to the end of the year it’s often a time for reflection. Throughout the year the testing community share things to celebrate and their wins, no matter how big, small or somewhere between.
Jim Holmes has recently shared a Skills and Capabilities Matrix. Perhaps that’s a useful model for modelling your current situation and goals. And maybe there’s a way to join that all up with a public portfolio.
There’s always the option to bring your career growth challenges and questions to the latest Thursday Testing Tea. Hosted by Thomas Shipley, explore topics related to testing, using the powerful Lean Coffee approach. I’m a big fan of this technique for inclusive and productive conversations.
Lovely to see that Lutuvarka has secured a job given how things were looking a month ago. This is a great example of how the community can rally around someone to help them out. Read the latest update. And congrats to TestBash speakers Clare Norman and Sarah Hutchins for also landing new jobs. 🎉
🏅 Competition time! Win an Annual MoT Pro Membership thanks to mabl. You could win access to all of our learning content including our Workshops, Masterclasses, Courses, TestBash talks, online TestBashes and everything else! Plus, exclusive discounts to our software testing training and in-person events. Enter today for your chance to win.
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
P.S. Fancy digging into the archive? Stumble across something you are yet to discover. Browse all the newsletters on the MoT platform. 📰
This newsletter is kindly supported by enov8
Navigate you IT Landscape. The Who! What! Where! When! & How!
Innovate with Enov8! Accelerate delivery through Insights & Orchestration of your IT & Test Environments, Releases & Data. Deliver “agile testing” and “quality” through better visualization, control, and automation of the complex parts of your “Software Development Lifecycle”.
Useful business posts
- mabl Experience 2022: Thanks for the Memories! — Leah Pemberton
- Appium vs. Espresso — Sauce Labs
- Xray and Flutter Testing Tutorial — Cristiano Cunha
- Leverage UI and API Tests for Early Performance Monitoring — Fernando Mattos
- How to Build a 5-Star Mobile App with Better Error Monitoring and Reporting — Sauce Labs
- Test Maintenance: How To Ensure Quality Within Every Test — Ranorex
- Thu 17 Nov Thursday Testing Tea with host Thomas Shipley 🫖
- Wed 23 Nov Continuous Testing Throughout The SDLC
- Wed 30 Nov Get Started With Serenity BDD
- Thu 01 Dec ReTestBash UK 2022 ♻️
- Wed 07 Dec Would Heu-risk It? Workshop
- Fri 09 Dec HolidayBash 2022 🎉
- Wed 18 Jan The Hidden Logic of Thinking for Testers
- Wed 01 Feb Recognising and Eliminating Code Smells 101
- Wed 08 Feb Let’s Go Threat Modelling
Calls for Contributions
- Call to Speak at TestBash Spring 2023: Closes on the 8th of January 2023
- Call to Speak at TestBash UK 2023
- Call for Content — Write for us
- Call for Contribution — Share your interest to run a Community Micro-Event
- Have You Contributed to the Community?
💬 Chat and take action via The Club (our forum) and the MoT Slack (our chat client). And stay up-to-date via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline. Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign-up page. 🗞