This newsletter is kindly supported by Katalon
[Join Our Survey] Katalon’s State of Software Quality 2023
Software quality is evolving continuously. To capture what is trending, changing, and innovating in the field of software quality, Katalon invites you to join our cohort survey with Deloitte and Cigniti. Shape the future of software quality more vividly with Katalon now!
It was quite the rush.
Just several days ago I had no idea I’d be up on stage hosting TestBashX Bucks. Yet due to circumstances out of their control the original host, Laveena, had to pull out. We shared what this meant for the diversity of the original lineup.
Guiding a room took courage, energy and focus plus a heavy dose of teamwork. We stuck to a hosting plan and modified it when new and unexpected information revealed itself. I used a script to guide me yet I didn’t follow it word for word. We committed to what we said we would do and also took real-time feedback into account. It was just like testing! 😃
You too can be a testing event host. We’re always looking to expand the Ministry of Testing host network. If you’re interested — even if you think you aren’t good enough — please do get in touch. We can work with you to support your ambition to host an event.
This week it’s Test.bash(); with plenty of brilliant hosts to guide you throughout the day: Vernon Richards, Gwen Diagram, Jenna Charlton and Callum Akehurst-Ryan. 🤩 I’m excited to see how folks get involved as they listen to online talks in real-time and jump on the live chat. Plus there are plenty of interesting challenge videos to watch. I’ve already had a sneak peek at some 🤫 and they’re super helpful. It’s good to see how people take on a testing challenge and demonstrate their thought process.
You can still register as part of a MoT Pro Membership. If you’re still unsure about joining, have a read of why you might want to consider attending on the day.
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Progress
Build Robust Automated Tests Across Web and Desktop with the Industry’s Most Intuitive Test Recorder
Test Studio automatically adjusts to app changes, eliminating technical debt and flaky tests. New levels of test stability combined with test reuse which automatically applies changes across projects greatly speeds automation while reducing script maintenance.
Useful business posts
- The Selenium Click Command (Including Examples) — Sauce Labs
- A Guide to the top 20 QA metrics that matter — Hannah Son
- The Role of APIs in Building a Delightful Customer Experience — Fernando Mattos
- Tue 18 Oct Twitter Space: Let’s Explore Shift Left, with co-hosts Richard Hinton and Simon Tomes
- Thu 20 Oct Test.bash(); 2022 ⭐️
- Tue 25 Oct Enhance Your Business Processes Using RPA with Ranorex Studio
- Wed 02 Nov Create Test Reports Based On Feedback And Feelings
- Tue 08 Nov Note Takers — Mobile Testing, with host Rahul Parwal
- Wed 09 Nov Performance Testing 101
- Wed 16 Nov Recognising and Eliminating Code Smells 101
- Thu 17 Nov Thursday Testing Tea with host Thomas Shipley
- Wed 23 Nov Continuous Testing Throughout The SDLC
- Wed 07 Dec Would Heu-risk It? Workshop
- Fri 09 Dec HolidayBash 2022
Calls for Contributions
💬 Chat and take action via The Club (our forum) and the MoT Slack (our chat client). And stay up-to-date via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline. Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign-up page. 🗞