Your Weekly Testing News — Issue 394
This newsletter is kindly supported by Qameta
Get your hands on Allure TestOps, the DevOps-ready testing platform
Try the ultimate full-stack test management for manual and automated, integration, E2E, desktop, or mobile. Skyrocket your quality with dozens of native integrations for frameworks in 11 programming languages, CI/CDs, and issue trackers out-of-the-box.
I kinda knew it yet I haven’t been able to articulate it.
Observing in real life and reading about everyone’s TestBash UK experience, I realise the following:
The Ministry of Testing community is an entity that creates crucial career sparks. ⚡️
A crucial career spark could be someone reflecting on a talk and realising they have been doing it all along, and now have a way of articulating it. Which leads to that person feeling better about their skills and self-worth.
Another crucial career spark could be a 1–2–1 conversation that leads to someone taking action at work — a next step to do the thing they’ve put off for so long. In each case, someone moves their career forward or fundamentally transforms their career. I’d love to hear from you, what have been your crucial career sparks?
In event news, we need your help with TestBashX Bucks. Richard Bradshaw shares why and how you might be able to help us sell more tickets. Thank you to those of you who have already bought tickets to gift to others. What a kind gesture! 🏻
Plus Mark Winteringham and Richard will live stream each Test.bash(); Challenge. Register via the event links below and subscribe to the Ministry of Testing YouTube channel. Click on the bell to get an alert for when each live stream goes ahead. Oh, and here’s important news on the Test.bash(); speaker lineup — including a sneak peek mention of “The Wheel of Tools” and “Tool Karaoke”. 😉
One final thing, when was the last time you asked the testing community a question? People in the community hang out in many places, such as The Club, MoT Slack, Twitter, LinkedIn and beyond. If you can’t find an answer on one, try asking on another.
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by mabl
Elevate Testing at Experience
Learn how you can implement quality engineering best practices and elevate testing to meet the demands of modern development. Join the annual quality engineering conference, Experience 2022, on 1–2 November.
Useful business posts
- Cross-Browser Test Your Apps on Safari 16 — Sauce Labs
- Migrating from TestProject in mabl — Andrew Horgan
- Virtual Device (Emulator and Simulator) vs. Real Device: What is the Difference? — Sauce Labs
- What is testability in the software development lifecycle? — Oleksandr Romanov
- Types of Automated Testing Explained — Ranorex
- Tue 04 Oct Twitter Space: Let’s Explore BDD, with co-hosts Mirza Sisic and Simon Tomes
- Tue 04 Oct Pre Test.Bash(); Livestream — UI Challenge
- Thu 06 Oct Pre Test.Bash(); Livestream — API Challenge
- Mon 10 Oct Pre Test.Bash(); Livestream — Visual Challenge
- Tue 11 Oct Ask Ranorex Anything!
- Wed 12 Oct Exploring the unknowns with Xray Exploratory App
- Thu 13 Oct Pre Test.Bash(); Livestream — Data Challenge
- Fri 14 Oct TestBashX Bucks 🎟 🎟 🎟 Join the local testing community for an incredible one-day event of hands-on activities and two brilliant talks.
- Thu 20 Oct Test.bash(); 2022
- Tue 15 Nov TestBash Core Skills
- Thu 17 Nov Thursday Testing Tea with host Thomas Shipley
- Fri 09 Dec HolidayBash 2022
Calls for Contributions
- Have You Contributed to the Community?
- Call for Contribution — Share your interest to run a Community Micro-Event
- Call for Content — Write for us
💬 Keep the conversation going on The Club (our forum) and the MoT Slack (our chat client). And stay up-to-date via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline. Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign-up page. 🗞