Your Weekly Testing News — Issue 393
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestRail
Visualize your test coverage & identify gaps in your QA process!
Ensure wider test coverage and get more done with high quality and reliability. Join TestRail’s introductory product demo to see how you can leverage TestRail’s core functionalities like traceability & coverage reports to efficiently & effectively manage your testing processes.
As you might imagine, we are as a team and as a community, recovering from the wonder that was TestBash UK. We took an enormous risk by trying our first multi-track event with multiple different formats — talks, workshops and activities. We’re delighted it went so well and so many of you enjoyed it, with lots of actionable takeaways. It has been inspiring to say the least. For those on Twitter, have a look at #TestBash to relive and reflect.
One last wee bit of excitement to share — we’ve just announced TestBash UK 2023 is happening in Cambridge! It will happen in September again and we’ve released a limited number of Blind Bird tickets!
We’re a product of our environment — whether it’s removing barriers making it easier to develop new habits, or using tools such as cards to think about threat modelling. How do you set yourself and/or your team up for success? Do you plan regular discussions with other testers to share issues you’re having, or maybe hackathons to unearth new bugs? Share what you’re up to and ask a question on The Club.
By contrast, when do you decide it’s time to give up on a test script? Conrad shared his experience over on The Club with a script that is definitely causing frustration. When would you call it quits? Do you have stopping criteria?
One final thing, there’s still time to submit your video solution for the Test.bash(); Challenges. The links to each are below in the “Calls for Contributions” section of this newsletter.
Have a good week.
— Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Autify
Start your 14-Day Free Trial with Autify, a No-code AI-powered Automation UI Testing Tool
Anyone can easily create and run tests by simply interacting with the browser and still customize your tests with JS steps. We support both Web and Mobile apps. Start our 14-Day free trial today.
Useful business posts
- Mabl Joins Google Cloud Marketplace for Easy Test Automation Adoption — Bridget Hughes
- September 2022 Product News, Events, and Test Automation Insights — Sauce Labs
- Tue 04 Oct Twitter Space: Let’s Explore BDD, with co-hosts Mirza Sisic and Simon Tomes
- Wed 12 Oct Exploring the unknowns with Xray Exploratory App
- Fri 14 Oct TestBashX Bucks
- Thu 20 Oct Test.bash(); 2022
- Tue 15 Nov TestBash Core Skills
- Thu 17 Nov Thursday Testing Tea with host Thomas Shipley
- Fri 09 Dec HolidayBash 2022
Calls for Contributions
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 UI Challenge
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 Data Management Challenge
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 Visual Challenge
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 API Challenge
- Have You Contributed to the Community?
- Call for Contribution — Share your interest to run a Community Micro-Event
- Call for Content — Write for us
💬 Keep the conversation going on The Club (our forum) and the MoT Slack (our chat client). And stay up-to-date via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline. Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign-up page. 🗞