This newsletter is kindly supported by Ranorex
Want to get more out of your testing?
Ranorex DesignWise enables companies to modernize and improve how they test and their efficiency. It combines the power of an applied statistics-based scenario selection approach with a user-friendly interface — resulting in an immensely powerful tool. Want to learn more? Check it out.
There’s space for everyone in the testing community.
Every so often I’m reminded that it doesn’t always feel that way for some. And last week was one of those weeks.
There is much to learn and respect from each other no matter where you’re at in your career, your context and who you happen to be. Kind, helpful and encouraging conversations go a long way. And those conversations may inevitably lead to disagreeing agreeably.
Sharing your thoughts and ideas with the testing community can feel scary and overwhelming. You have something new to share because you are unique. Know that the Ministry of Testing community has got your back. They will amplify your voice and provide kind encouragement.
And I often wonder what this means for folks new to the community and those who have been around for a while. I ran a welcome session and got to meet some lovely people. How might we make space for those who are new to the testing community?
I’ve been spending more time with the Ministry of Testing LinkedIn Group. Check it out if not on your radar and feel free to start a conversation or ask a question. There are nearly 50K members so perhaps someone can help or would like to connect. These useful articles and videos on how to ask questions might help.
I was fortunate to take part in a Test.bash(); format exploration session. A “staying tool aware” theme emerged. Exciting to see it take shape and know what might be possible this year and beyond. Talking of which, the MoT team will mostly be out of action this week. It’s time for us to get together in person for an annual review and look to the future. Note we might be a little slower to reply than usual yet please do continue to stay in touch.
Have a great week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Enov8
Innovate with Enov8! Get control of your Test Environments & Releases in Weeks!
Struggling to manage your Non-Production Environments & Releases? Use Enov8 to increase your end-to-end visibility, centralise planning, orchestrate and automate operations & control your IT costs. Why not have a look? Launch our in-browser evaluation now!
Useful business posts
- How to Create Test Scripts Using the Chrome DevTools Recorder Panel — Kunal Jain
- 3 Strategies for Embedding Testing in CI/CD Pipelines — Bridget Hughes
- How Xray scaled with Dashlane’s 4x company growth — Tonislava Docheva
- Tue 05 Jul Take the Personas Challenge with Emna Ayadi
- Tue 12 Jul Developing Testing Tools Task Analysis
- Tue 12 Jul Take the Basic UI Automation Check Challenge with Trisha Chetani
- Tue 19 Jul Maintaining Test Environments Task Analysis
- Wed 20 Jul Scale API Test Automation with Contract Testing of OpenAPI Specs: Transform your CI pipelines for high velocity and fast debugging
- Wed 20 Jul Ask mabl Anything!
- Mon 19 Sep — Wed 21 Sep Automation in Testing — Manchester
- Thu 22 Sep — Fri 23 Sep TestBash UK
Calls for Contributions
💬 Keep the conversation going on The Club (our forum) and the MoT Slack (our chat client). And stay up-to-date via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline. Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign up page. 🗞