Your Weekly Testing News — Issue 379
This newsletter is kindly supported by Testmo
NEW: Watch Testmo The Movie — #1 Unified Test Management Tool
By popular request we’ve now launched the Testmo video tour. Learn everything Testmo has to offer in under 15 minutes. Powerful test case management, exploratory sessions, automation reporting, integrations with Jira, GitHub, GitLab & more. Then try Testmo free!
1–2–1 conversations help you get better at what you do.
And with the testing community, 1–2–1 conversations are one of the many ways you move your career forward.
Last week I had a 1–2–1 chat with Mark Winteringam (OpsBoss) on a Twitter Space. Listen to what Mark had to share about the ever-evolving Automation in Testing curriculum. There’s good reason to get excited by what will become an incredibly powerful and trusted curriculum. One co-created by the community!
I also had a 1–2–1 call with Zenzi Ali, who recently facilitated a 99 Minute Challenge on creating a mind map of questions related to a series of wireframes. What’s clear is how these types of opportunities spark something in the community, not only for participants but for the facilitator too. Zenzi is lovely and you should totally connect with them.
I’m excited to launch the Community Micro-Events Menu. You now have the opportunity to run an exciting set of small events with the community. And get paid to do so. These events foster good conversations and learning. Have a look at what’s on offer and register your interest.
And did I mention it’s TestBash World? I think I’ve mentioned it in previous newsletters. 😉 This is the ultimate celebration of the community coming together to learn and connect. At the time of writing, there are 1,782 people registered. Please tell a friend or colleague if they are yet to register. And, get in early with some of the activities — view the activity handouts. Exciting! 🗺
It was eye-opening and entertaining to read all the replies about Internet Explorer via our Twitter account. Thank you for sharing. Do check out the dilemma of this particular reply. 😬
What 1–2–1 chat could you book with someone in the community this week?
Have a good one.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Autify
AI-powered Low-code Automation Testing Platform
Autify enables anyone to create UI tests by interacting with your browser. Increase coverage, feature release cycles and reduce maintenance with our self-healing AI. If you do UI testing, schedule a demo with our CS Engineer, no sales pitch.
Useful business posts
- Using Low-Code to Build Quality Engineering Skills — Bridget Hughes
- DevOps Testing Culture: How to Build Quality Throughout the SDLC — Hannah Son
- Debug and Release Faster with Sauce Labs Mobile App Diagnostics — Ashwini Sathe
- Tue 21 Jun Maintaining Automated Tests Task Analysis
- Tue 21 Jun Take the Set Up Monitoring for Errors Challenge with Lewis Prescott
- Wed 22 Jun — Thu 23 Jun TestBash World (share this with someone and help get it over 2,000 registered attendees!)
- Tue 28 Jun Maintaining a Framework Task Analysis
- Fri 01 Jul Welcome to the Ministry of Testing Community
- Tue 05 Jul Maintaining Test Environments Task Analysis
- Tue 05 Jul Take the Personas Challenge with Emna Ayadi
- Tue 12 Jul Developing Testing Tools Task Analysis
- Tue 12 Jul Take the Basic UI Automation Check Challenge with Trisha Chetani
- Wed 20 Jul Ask mabl Anything! NEW 👀
Calls for Contributions
🤩 Transform your career. Keep up to date and relevant with all the latest and most important topics in testing and quality. Access all live events and 1000+ talks, webinars, articles, and podcasts. Take control of your career growth. Register for a Ministry of Testing Pro Membership today.
Thank you to our Pro members for supporting the community. You help move the software testing craft forward. 🙌
Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign up page. 🗞