Your Weekly Testing News — Issue 378
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestRail
Visualize your test coverage & identify gaps in your QA process!
Ensure wider test coverage and get more done with high quality and reliability. Join TestRail’s introductory product demo to see how you can leverage TestRail’s core functionalities like traceability & coverage reports to efficiently & effectively manage your testing processes.
It’s tricky to summarise something that has many exciting parts to it.
So I won’t try to do that here about TestBash World. All I can say is, go check out the schedule and see what’s possible when you join a 24-hour testing conference for the entire planet! Team MoT have been busy setting up watch parties and all sorts of exciting activities with the community. This conference is free and open to everyone. Please help us spread the word if you’ve already registered. 😃 🎟
Last week saw the community-led automation in testing curriculum continue to take shape. Have a look at the summary of Investigating Failed Automated Tests. What do you think? What might you add?
I also had a good debrief with Claire Reckless who kindly facilitated a 99 Minute Challenge. The small group of testers learnt much from each other. Thanks to Claire for kick-starting the latest batch of challenges. Join two challenges this week with Peet and Zenzi. It’s a good way to learn together with fellow community members.
I’m always excited to see folks who are considering a career in testing. Kraig put themselves out there and asked a set of excellent questions. Given they’re already asking questions, I’ve got a good feeling they’ll do well. Have a look at the replies. What advice could you add?
Áine (MarketingBoss) let me know about Coding Black Females. They’ve recently launched a new 30-week BootCamp to train applicants in Modern Development Practices, Cloud Architecture and Technical Leadership. It sounds like an excellent initiative.
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Sauce Labs
Solve Mobile App Development’s Biggest Challenges
Mobile teams encounter hurdles at every level of the software lifecycle, from designing apps compatible with multiple platforms, providing beta versions to the right customers, to managing production risks. Sauce Labs invites you to explore how to solve these challenges in a new whitepaper.
Useful business posts
- Developing a Testing Mindset for Quality Engineering — Bridget Hughes
- Ministry of Testing has a number of Annual Partners who share useful posts all the time. Visit their blog sites and explore their back catalogues.
- Tue 14 Jun Reporting Automation Results Task Analysis
- Tue 14 Jun Take the Manage Data Challenge with Peet Michielsen
- Tue 14 Jun Take the Mind Map of Questions Challenge with Zenzi Ali
- Tue 21 Jun Maintaining Automated Tests Task Analysis
- Tue 21 Jun Take the Set Up Monitoring for Errors Challenge with Lewis Prescott
- Wed 22 Jun — Thu 23 Jun TestBash World
- Tue 28 Jun Maintaining a Framework Task Analysis
- Fri 01 Jul Welcome to the Ministry of Testing Community
- Tue 05 Jul Maintaining Test Environments Task Analysis
- Tue 05 Jul Take the Personas Challenge with Emna Ayadi
- Tue 12 Jul Developing Testing Tools Task Analysis
- Tue 12 Jul Take the Basic UI Automation Check Challenge with Trisha Chetani
Calls for Contributions
🤩 Transform your career. Keep up to date and relevant with all the latest and most important topics in testing and quality. Access all live events and 1000+ talks, webinars, articles, and podcasts. Take control of your career growth. Register for a Ministry of Testing Pro Membership today.
Thank you to our Pro members for supporting the community. You help move the software testing craft forward. 🙌
Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign up page. 🗞