This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex
5 Ways to Time Travel Test [Whitepaper]
Temporal testing is critical for date sensitive business rules such as insurance rates, billing, and enrollment. Efficient time travel testing can increase your test coverage, accelerate development, and improve software quality. Read our whitepaper to learn the 5 ways to time travel software!
A break can do us all good.
So that’s what Team MoT did at the end of last week, as part of the UK’s extended bank holiday.
Having said that, last Wednesday I ran another Note Takers session. We read and shared notes on articles about aspiring to lead. Such a helpful way for a group of people to learn together — and also celebrate the contribution of community members who write for MoT. Thanks, Mirza and Nicola for their excellent articles. Check them out: Lessons Learned About Leadership, From Perspective Of An Aspiring Leader and Leading Test Teams When You’re Not A Manager.
I also chatted with our lovely MoT Slack Moderators. What a brilliant bunch of people who ensure the MoT Slack is a safe place to share ideas and chat with fellow testing professionals.
It’s good to see all that continues to happen in the community. When I return from a break my first port of call is always the Community Timeline. I then set sail to The Club, Twitter, LinkedIn and the MoT Slack. Plus I’ve probably forgotten another place as my brain hasn’t quite returned from small break mode!
All the talk recordings went live for TestBash Careers and Diana announced the full lineup for TestBash World. At the time of writing, there are 1,179 community members registered to attend. 👀 Say what! I’m chuffed to see many folks on the lineup who I advocate for. It’s gonna be one very exciting community event. Register for free today for 24 hours of testing goodness!
How about you, what are you looking forward to in the coming weeks? Do you have time away from work? I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to book a community catch-up call.
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Xray
You’re invited! Join a Product Walkthrough Webinar with Xray 🚀
Want to learn how to plan, test, track and deliver the highest quality software with Xray Test Management? Join us on July 13th at 4:00 pm BST and see a full product walkthrough of Xray Cloud followed by a Q&A. Register now.
Useful business posts
- How a Tech Solutions Provider saved £20,000 yearly by moving to Xray — Test Management Systems
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome in Quality Careers — Bridget Hughes
- How to Choose the Right Test Management Tool (With Evaluation Checklist) — Hannah Son
- Tue 07 Jun Investigating Failed Automated Tests Task Analysis
- Tue 14 Jun Reporting Automation Results Task Analysis
- Tue 14 Jun Take the Manage Data Challenge with Peet Michielsen
- Tue 14 Jun Take the Mind Map of Questions Challenge with Zenzi Ali
- Tue 21 Jun Maintaining Automated Tests Task Analysis
- Tue 21 Jun Take the Set Up Monitoring for Errors Challenge with Lewis Prescott
- Wed 22 Jun — Thu 23 Jun TestBash World
- Tue 28 Jun Maintaining a Framework Task Analysis
- NEW Fri 01 Jul Welcome to the Ministry of Testing Community 👀
- Tue 05 Jul Maintaining Test Environments Task Analysis
- Tue 05 Jul Take the Personas Challenge with Emna Ayadi
- Tue 12 Jul Developing Testing Tools Task Analysis
- Tue 12 Jul Take the Basic UI Automation Check Challenge with Trisha Chetani
Calls for Contributions
🤩 Transform your career. Keep up to date and relevant with all the latest and most important topics in testing and quality. Access all live events and 1000+ talks, webinars, articles, and podcasts. Take control of your career growth. Register for a Ministry of Testing Pro Membership today.
Thank you to our Pro members for supporting the community. You help move the software testing craft forward. 🙌