This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
Temporal testing is critical for date sensitive business rules such as insurance rates, billing, and enrollment. Efficient time travel testing can increase your test coverage, accelerate development, and improve software quality. Read our whitepaper to learn the 5 ways to time travel software!
All Things Ministry of Testing
- Testbash Netherlands — We’re very excited, getting ready for our next TestBash! We’ve workshops on Thursday and the conference day itself on Friday!
- Automation Week Challenges — Automation week is a week focused on problem-based learning. Those problems are automation challenges and sessions where you get to ask experts for help with your automation problems.
- Testing Ask Me Anything — Career Building — 8pm UK Time on 13th October. Lena will talk about her experience with building and switching careers. Lena will manswer any questions you might have!
- MoT Dojo Watch Party — Episode #1 — JOIN US! — Each week Mark will pick a TestBash talk from the archives, stream it via Crowdcast and then have a half-hour discussion. The first event Watch party will be 19th October at 4pm BST and we will be watching Visualising Quality by David Evans.
- What’s the biggest influencer for tool choice? — When it comes to deciding on a new tool, there can be a number of deciding factors at play.
- Pre-TestBash Netherlands Meetup — Huib Schoots and Vincent Wijnen will host a super fun Pre-TestBash Meetup on Thursday and it’s open to everyone!
- TestBash Netherlands: Post-TestBash Meetup — Join us for beer and cheese tasting. The perfect end to TestBash Netherlands.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Wonderproxy!
Testing locale-specific code when you’re stuck at your desk is like flying blind: you can’t see where you’re going
From our versatile testing solutions to our worldwide network of proxy servers, WonderProxy is built for localization testing. Squash those bugs and ship that next release.
Community News & Podcasts
- How to Level-Up Your Testing Skills with Security — If you don’t think you need to worry about security, OR security testing is not your job, you’re mistaken.
- Making a Map of Risks — Exploring how “Wardley maps” can be applied in strategies for testing.
- Epsiode 843 — Google Creating A 3rd party Vulnerability Program For Android Vendors — Google is getting tired of people thinking the Android software is not as secure as it could be.
- The Testing Show: De-Risking Enterprise QA with Simon Evans — As organizations get larger or infrastructure/software becomes more relied upon, testing itself can have its share of risks.
99-Minute Workshops — October
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop.
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing — Join Roman Segdor at 12pm UK Time — 12th October 2020
- API Testing With Postman — Join Suman Bala at 12pm UK Time — 19th October 2020
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice — Join Jenna Charlton at 6pm UK Time — 21st October 2020
Posts selected from our business feed
- What’s Coming in Selenium 4: How Can I Contribute? — Simon Stewart will cover how the Selenium project works, who is involved, how you can get involved, and a sneak peek at what’s new in Selenium 4.
- Securing the Switcher browser extension — The Switcher is unique amongst WonderProxy offerings in that it is distributed through browser vendor stores and installed by users directly in their browsers.
- Software testing in the age of remote work — A big challenge for QA teams during the pandemic has been a lack of access to on-premise device labs.
- 5 ways Xray improves your agile testing in Jira — Is your team able to pivot with changing demands, accelerate new features, and provide the highest product quality?
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Minute Workshops — We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- Testing Ask Me Anything — Career Building — 8pm UK Time — 13th October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online — 15th — 16th October 2020
- Optimize For Remote Execution — 8pm UK Time — 22nd October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); — 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online — 20th November 2020
- HolidayBash — 4th — 5th December 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- Web Accessibility: Definitions and Acronyms — Initially, learning about web accessibility, its policies, and its guidelines can seem daunting, but taking the time to learn and understand the basics is well worth the effort.
- Chrome changes how its cache system works to improve privacy — Chrome 86, launched this week, introduces new privacy-focused “cache partitioning” mechanism.
- Fitbit gallery can be used to distribute malicious apps — A security researcher discovered that malicious apps for Fitbit devices can be uploaded to the legitimate Fitbit domain and users can install them from private links.