To Shift Left, Start Right — Simple changes that make a big difference
This newsletter is kindly supported by BrowserStack!
BrowserStack’s 5-part miniseries Summer of Learning brings you practical sessions on Selenium, test automation, continuous testing at scale, parallelization, and testing for a mobile-first market.
Testing and the Community
- Community Stories: To Shift Left, Start Right — Some simple changes that made a massive difference.
- MoT Podcast — Adam Meets Mark Abrahams and Geoffrey van der Tas — They discuss Microservices, Performance Testing and Resilience Testing, as well as, their upcoming workshop from TestBash.
- TestBash X is Moving to October 2020 and is going to be SPOOK-TACULAR — We’ve had to take another very difficult but needed decision, to postpone our brand new TestBash X.
- Automation Daily — Post Your Questions — Richard is answering all your automation questions.
- Advice needed: What to learn after knowing basics of JS for test automation — What would you recommend?
- The CI build is not a Christmas tree — Time to address some “flaky” tests?
- Would Heu-Risk It? Part 26: The Inconceivable — Ah those edge cases.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: Overcoming Cognitive Dissonance: How to Effectively Deliver Unbelievable Test Results — 1 hour — 8pm UK Time — 14th April 2020
- TestBash Home — 30th April 8pm UK Time — 1st May 9pm UK Time
- TestBash Manchester — 30th September — 1st October 2020
- Test.bash(); Manchester — 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands — 15th — 16th October 2020
- TestBashX Edinburgh — 30th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand — 16th — 17th November 2020
- What is the best UI automation tool to use? — Context is key.
- The Computer Is Always Right — Interesting problem with this Cucumber scenario.
- Cypress tips #4: Testing lists of items — Useful if you’re investigating Cypress.
- Web Element Locator Strategies: CSS Selectors — Good basic info to help you understand.
- Writing VR automation with Unium — Do you do VR Testing?
- Contract Testing with Pact.js and Jest — Let’s look at using Pact to show how you can write a contract test.
- How to Localize Your Date Picker — Most localization efforts focus on language, but there’s more to change than the text on a page.
- Hybrid, Native, and PWAs: Testing your mobile apps for compatibility — Mobile fragmentation affects all apps — some more than others.
- Integrating Automation into the Manual Testing Process — Ensure there is a seamless integration of automation into the existing testing process.
- Top 5 Cross Platform Mobile Development Frameworks — Interesting comparison.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts…
- Joao Proenca — Quality Owner at Outsystems Episode 6 — Joao talks about being a Quality Owner, how it came about, how he uses Riskstorming and the fact that change takes time.
- ABT 343 — Yuliya Bagriy (aviskase) — Talking about her path into testing, a bit about her new role, and the origin of the alias, ‘aviskase’ — which includes a tangent on how she broke Postman.
- Episode 718 — Tightening Identity Management In A Remote Workforce — Remote workers are challenging to manage and track from an IT and Security perspective.
- From Manual Testing to Continuous Testing with Jorge Luis Castro Toribio — Sharing his experience and some tips to do just that.
- Bugs that let sites hijack Mac and iPhone cameras fetch $75k bounty — Here’s how one researcher bypassed stringent restrictions Apple puts on webcam access.
- The Best Security Key for Multi-Factor Authentication — Have you ever used a physical security key?
- A Message to Our Users — A message from Zoom regarding known issues.