Tips to Improve Collaboration Between Testers and Developers
The latest links, discussions, articles and more
Many companies adopt Agile and DevOps to shorten their time-to-market. Developing the right feature, from idea to production is key to get quick feedback. In this webinar, you’ll learn tips to create better software faster by testing value first with BDD and analytics. Register now!
Throughout the evolution of software development, testers have struggled to be treated as equals and developers have lacked the understanding of why they should care. Yet some teams do it well. In this talk, Maaret and Franziska share some practical tips on how to improve this in your team. Register now for the Masterclass on Tuesday 5th December at 8pm UK time.
TestBash Manchester 2017 — our annual TestBash t’up north was hosted at The Lowery on 27th October 2017. We hosted 200 software testers from across the globe, had 10 great talks, lots of awesome 99 second talks and plenty of socials! We record all our TestBash talks and make them available on The Dojo. Some are free to watch and others require Pro Membership… get stuck in!
TestBash is returning to the Netherlands for the second year! It’s happening on the 12th-13th April 2018. We think it’s going to be even more awesome than last time. It’s a 2-day event with an additional pre-event course thrown in for good measure. The pre-Testbash course is ‘Advanced Automation for Agile: UI, Web Services, and BDD’ with the brilliant Angie Jones on Wednesday 11th April.
This week we’re joined from Australia by Rich Rogers, to talk about the ever-evolving definitions of quality that we utilise when building software. We chat about customer experience, having empathy for users, and Rich’s recent book “Changing Times”, and the Three Dimensions of Quality model that it proposes.
Early bird tickets are still available! With your ticket, you get 4 keynotes of awesomeness, 5 workshops you can choose two from, 3 demo talks, 11 talks and 3 discussion sessions. Access to the program built with a personal touch: organizers pair-interviewed all 120 proposal submitters to choose the absolute best representation of how we raise the bar in testing, in practice!
We’ve picked a few topics of interest from The Club for you to read, contribute and generally get involved with.
Okay, so, favourite methods, stories, experiments (failed and successful) on gathering risks from various parts of a team?
I keep seeing Danny Dainton tweet about his Postman resources on GitHub. It made me wonder what other useful tester/testing types resources are out there. Anything else out there worth knowing about?
Highlighting a selection of blog posts from the testing community.
Mel shares her experience from attending various TestBashes and the testing community. “The community itself cultivates a diverse group of people, from all over the world, and tries really hard to be a supportive voice for those that are not often supported in the industry.”
Story points, everybody’s favorite scrum activity. I understand they are meant to be used to help size stories. What usually happens is they are used to determine a team’s velocity. Read more of Darryn’s post.
Want to get featured here? Submit your blog to our Testing Feeds!
- Good Ideas are Spawned From Bad Or Failed Ideas — TESTHEAD
- Two things to become a better bug hunter — Antti Niittyviita
- TestBash Philly Wrap Up — Tests of Strength
- A Journey to 99 Seconds and Beyond………Part 2 — Matt Parker
- What’s it like to rewrite a program from scratch? — Gerald Weinberg’s Secrets of Writing and Consulting
- Maintaining Value — Automation’s Forgotten Cost — Responsible Automation
- TestBash Manchester 2017 — Part 1 — The Growing Tester
- The Worrisome World of Words — Angry Weasel
- RiskStorming — Mapping Risks with TestSphere — That’s the buffet table
- Keeping the Documentation Green — Burdette’s Test Blog
- Organizing Principles for Micro-Frameworks — Stories from a Software Tester
- Whiz or no whiz? — Talking testing at TestBash PhillyQuality Remarks — Quality Remarks
- Why Do I Go to Conferences? — A Seasoned Tester’s Crystal Ball
- Hacking Google reCaptcha
- The pen is mightier than the laptop — Design Voices
- All Caps Tester | Dave Duke: Do you not want to be a developer instead
- Blockchain Is Giving The ‘Internet of Things’ Space Another Boost — Inc.com
- Five best programming languages for Artificial Intelligence development — Tech — SlickViral