I’ve seen lots of folks talking about this on Twitter again, so I thought it would be great to share with you all, our CommunityBoss is a fan too!
Let’s Go Larvae Hunting! with Jen Kitson — “The conversation that this masterclass sparked was brilliant. The ideas that Jen presented gave me a whole new insight into how bugs can become bugs or how we can prevent them from developing. There are brilliant ideas in here to help you and your team try larvae hunting and work together better.”
- Heather, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Telerik!
Eliminate bottlenecks with regression testing, increase test coverage across UI, RESTful APIs, and load scenarios, and stay productive with Test Studio. Now offering headless testing to accelerate delivery speed and improve your testing cycle. Download a free 30-day trial today with full access to support and online education.
What’s New With Ministry of Testing?
New podcasts, talks and articles for you this week. We’d also really like your help.
🎧 New podcast for you! Neil is talking to Lina Zubyte about the nature of making human connections, how we can maintain these when we’re apart, and how to make sure we’re connecting/collaborating inclusively with a diverse group of people.
🐞 Absolutely fascinating how you can figure out potential bug hotspots with a bit of detective work. Andrea Giugliano provided useful information to help you carry out your own analysis in our latest article.
📣 We want you! Our latest Call for Content is live, we’d love you to share your knowledge by writing an article on Communities and practise/culture for June.
Dan Ashby gave an interesting talk for a recent online meetup, Continuous Testing throughout the SDLC. The recording is now available for you to watch.
🎓 Great write up from Nadia — she used our scholarship to attend the Webdrive IO training.
There is definitely something in the air at the minute, we’re all struggling with long-term lockdown. It’s more important than ever to figure out a bit of self care — Gem Hill gave a great talk recently “Self Care When Everything’s Terrible”. Take some time out to watch the recording. 📺
👉 Our next Masterclass is coming up soon! Georgia Bloyce will help you start conversations around quality with the right people. It’s open to everyone to join us live.
🧐 We’ve all had to deal with legacy automation — are you asking the right questions to tackle the project? Dennis has shared some pointers to help you figure them out.
Heather Harleman-Manis is looking to develop a training curriculum for their team of testers using MoT, have you done this? Could you share your insights with Heather?
👂 PC manufacturer Acer might have received a $50 million ransom demand, a warning spreads on Facebook about a trick being used by hackers, and why are the City of London’s police not happy about Sci Hub? An interesting podcast to catch up on.
Lindsey is completely renewing their test documentation and looking for suggestions. Are test plans and exit reports super old fashioned and out dated, if so what can be used instead? 📝
Anne-Laure has shared a map of how they do exploratory testing. What do you think?
🧱 Could you help Kim build a test strategy for micro front ends?
What steps do you take to reproduce automation failures? Do you take snapshots, add breakpoints to code or something else?
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events — including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Discussions.
- Masterclass — Error: ‘Quality’ is Not Defined with Georgia Bloyce — 8 pm UK Time — 6th of April 2021
- Software Testing Essentials Live! with Vernon Richards and Dan Ashby — 3 days training — 12th — 14th April 2021
- Testing Ask Me Anything: Exploratory Testing with Callum Akehurst-Ryan — 8 pm UK Time — 20th of April 2021
- Exploratory Testing Week — 26th — 30th April 2021
- Discussion: Security with Saskia Coplans, Anne Oikarinen & James Bore — 8pm UK Time — 4th May 2021
- Exploring Non-Functional Testing Training with Jenna Charlton, 2-Days — 20th — 21st May — Tickets now available
- Automation in Testing Online — Cohort Edition with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw — 8th — 29th June 2021
- TestBash Home 2021–17th and 18th of June 2021
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham — 6th of July 2021
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 — they make sure we’re able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
We all want to automate those repetitive tasks wherever possible, this post from Applitools shares an interesting tool from Microsoft. 🙌
Have you started running your tests in parallel? This is an interesting read on settings you can adjust with TestNG to make things run smoothly.
💯 Is testing being fully utilised in the development of e-commerce and retail? Read how testing could be maximised.
Do you share test data across the product team and with the marketing team too? Read this post and learn how you could connect testing success with business success to highlight the importance of testing within the organisation.
99-Minute Workshops — March — April 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Leading a Test Automation Strategy — Join Dana Aonofriesei at 12 pm UK Time — 29th March
- Git Foundations — Join Simon Berner at 8 pm UK Time — 31st March
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing — Join Roman Segador at 12 pm UK Time — 5th April
- Visual Facilitation and Sketchnoting — Join Louise Gibbs at 8 pm UK Time — 7th April
- Enhancing Your Python Selenium Tests with TestProject — Join Ran Tzur at 12 pm UK Time — 12th of April — Open to everyone to attend
- API Testing with Postman — Join Suman Bala at 8 pm UK Time — 14th of April
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies — Join Huib Schoots at 12 pm UK Time — 16th of April
- How to Build a Culture of Quality — Join Bertold Kolics at 3 pm UK Time — 19th of April — Open to everyone to attend
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 — Join Boni García at 8 pm UK Time — 21st of April
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice — Join Jenna Charlton at 12 pm UK Time — 23rd of April
- Automated Visual Testing — Join Angie Jones at 4 pm UK Time — 28th of April — Open to everyone to attend