Maaike Brinkhof gave an outstanding talk during TestBash Home, which most of us could relate to. During and after her talk, some of you mentioned that you’d taken Maaike’s course and really recommended it. So if you’re interested in understanding your own cognitive biases and how you can use them to your advantage while testing, check out Maaike’s course Cognitive Biases.
- Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Sauce Labs!
Join us at our online event Scaling Enterprise App Testing with AI on the 24th June 2021 at 4pm — 7:30pm BST / 5pm — 8:30pm CEST. Learn how to radically transform your testing with an AI-driven low-code/no-code testing solution. Check out the full agenda and register today!
What’s New With Ministry of Testing?
There are lots of opportunities to get involved this week with new training, articles and calls for content! Share and boost your testing skills.
Want to understand TestSphere more and how it can help your development team? 3 testers play TestSphere Roulette and discuss 3 of the TestSphere cards and how to use them in the latest podcast.
Join Bas Dijkstra’s 99 Minute workshop on Wednesday this week to get hands on with API Testing in Python. It’s his last 99 Minute workshop of the year!
Tester career progression is sometimes seen as becoming a developer. Eduardo went against the grain and went from developer to tester. How much of his journey do you recognise?
We all know being a member of a community is a beneficial thing. But, do you understand how it could help your career? Join Nishi Grover Garg for our next Masterclass to figure out what steps you could take next.
Would you like to join one of our Discussions as a speaker, talking about Test Leadership and Management? Complete our Call to Speak form before the 20th June!
This newsletter is also supported by Ranorex!
Join us for some sweet learning led by Janet Gregory, “Holistic Testing in DevOps: What Managers Need to Know.” This free session is June 22 at 11:00 AM EDT, so act fast! Presented by Ranorex.
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events — including Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings, Discussions and Training Courses.
- Masterclass: Grow your Career with Tech Communities with Nishi Grover Garg — 8pm UK Time — 29th June 2021
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham — 6th July 2021
- Practice Pairing Under Constraints to Level Up Your Collaboration Skills 1-Day training with Simon Berner and Lisi Hocke — 9th July 2021
- Testing Ask Me Anything — Test Leadership with Butch Mayhew — 8pm UK Time — 13th July 2021
We test for the addition of feature but what about when they’re removed? 🤔 Interesting discussion on The Club 👀
Ah those pesky intermittent bugs. We’ve all encountered them at some point. Nicola has some steps that could replicate them.
Did you take the weekend to enjoy a RestBash? Want to catch up on the topics discussed, the questions asked — and answered by our speakers, plus the resources shared? Check out the TestBash topic on The Club.
Interesting post from Anne-Marie that could help your team develop habits that could improve quality 👀
How can you talk to people about risk when they refused to recognise it as a problem? Jenny Bramble joins Matthew and Michael to discuss exactly this on the Testing Show podcast.
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 — they make sure we’re able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
Great advice on how to test and automate analytics for Mobile apps, as well as why analytics are actually important.
Could low-code test automation help your team move closer to continuous testing?
Are you interested in API Testing? This handy API Testing 101 could be just what you’re looking for!
99-Minute Workshops — June & July 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 with Boni García — 12pm UK Time — 21st June 2021
- API Testing in Python with Requests with Bas Dijkstra — 8pm UK Time — 23rd June 2021
- Approval Testing with Emily Bache — 12pm UK Time — 28th June 2021
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz with Ady Stokes — 8pm UK Time — 30th June 2021
- An Introduction to SQL for Testers with Lee Marshall — 12pm UK Time — 5th July 2021
- There’s No U in Coach with Lindsay Strydom and Gareth Waterhouse — 8pm UK Time — 7th July 2021
- API Testing With Postman with Suman Bala — 12pm UK Time — 12th July 2021
- Speed-testing Using Mind-maps with Lena Wiberg — 8pm UK Time — 14th July 2021
- Exploring Requirements with a Tester’s Mindset with Janet Gregory — 1pm UK Time — 19th July 2021
- Continuous Testing Throughout the SDLC with Dan Ashby — 8pm UK Time — 21st July 2021
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice with Jenna Charlton — 8pm UK Time — 23rd July 2021