Weekly Tester News & Updates
The most efficient Agile and DevOps teams use BDD to drive development and streamline collaboration. What about you?
Discover some of the best practices to implement and scale BDD with our free eBook! Get started for free with Hiptest!
Join us in our new online 30 Days of Accessibility Testing Challenge. Learn about assistive technologies, diversity of disabilities and how to test them. As always, you can do this anytime anywhere, or take part in the group effort, we kicked off on the 1st of May 2017. Take the Challenge!
Continuous delivery means teams must explore and deploy new testing approaches to increase test coverage and take the pressure off of manual testing. Automation expert Greg Sypolt will share how he successfully leveraged visual testing to increase coverage and reduce maintenance, while speeding up release cycles. Save Your Seat
One of the most common problems agile teams face is taking on Stories that are too large. Find out how Story Mapping has become a very useful tool in breaking down large epics into small, valuable slices that can be developed and tested incrementally. Read more about the workshop
We have a new series! It’s filled with short, snackable introduction to testing basics in 99second chunks. For example, learn all about Bug Reports, what they are, their value, examples of them as well as pitfalls to avoid. So if you want to learn the what, why and how of things check out this series!
Many of you have read the LinkedIn article recently, Stop hiring software checkers. I’ve been pondering the post for a while trying to figure out how I felt about it…I saw another blog post that followed this one called Two new…schools? Are there perhaps more than two “schools” of testing? What has been your experience? Join the discussion
Want to get featured here? Submit your blog to our Testing Feeds!
- My 99 second talk do-over — Testheader
- Yes, Write Frameworks from Scratch — testzius
- Five Blogs — 1 May 2017–5blogs
- Testing Terminology — Connor’s Blog
- New Headless Chrome With Selenium WebDriver — Friendly Tester
- 150: Functional Programming Property Based Testing with Eric Normand — Test Talks
- The Unique Discipline of Testing — Stories from a Software Tester
- Do not keep your credit card and PIN together in your wallet heuristic — zagorski software tester
- Specialized or mixed conferences? — Lyon Testing
- A Thousand and One Things — A Tester’s Journey
- Joining a CD Team the experience report — punkmiktests
- SWET8 — books, videos and other stuff — Test in peace
- When Trivial Changes Aren’t — offbeattesting
- The Advice Process — Flaws and Fixes — Think Different
- Experimenting with a Zero Bug policy — Kim Knup
- You need to learn Automation? Start here! — Kieran O’ Callaghan
- Test for Real Life — WatirMelon.Blog
- Cambridge Lean Coffee — Hiccupps
- Well, who are you?….. — Christovskia
- Alternative Facts? “QA Is Too Expensive” — Automation Beyond
- The expected result was 42. Now what was the test?: A test is… — The ramblings of a tester
- Do you know what your framework is doing? A quick use of WebPageTest. — Evil Tester
We go hunting to see what testers are talking about, so you don’t have to!
- Tester’s Digest — dmehra
- SRE Weekly Issue #70 — SRE WEEKLY
- Reckon you’ve seen some stupid security things? Here, hold my beer… — Troy Hunt
- Sociologically testing? — The Interpretive Tester
- 7 critical skills for QA testing career survival — Techbeacon
- Increment: On-Call
- A quick guide to Charles, a web debugging proxy application
- Important Software Test Metrics and Measurements — Explained with Examples and Graphs — Software Testing Help
- Awesome Testing: Best software testing books — Software testing Blog
- SAP Testing Tutorial: Create your First SAP Test Case
- ASCIIFlow Infinity
- Mockaroo — Random Data Generator | CSV / JSON / SQL / Excel
- Maintainable Test Automation using Selenium PO and PF — Toptal
- HipChat security notice — HipChat Blog
- 25.3. unittest — Unit testing framework — Python 2.7.13 documentation
- Words and Meaning: A Mobius Relationship — Part 2 — ineffable-solutions
- Uber responds to report that it tracked devices after its app was deleted — TechCrunch